Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stomach Flu Update

I have had a few people ask me about Madison's status. I am happy to inform you that she does not have the stomach flu. Her symptoms were really weird, because she would be fine for a day and then the next night complain that her stomach hurt. Sometimes she would throw up and sometimes not. Well, she had planned to visit her cousin Ethan up in Minnesota (leaving Saturday July, 12th) and the night before she threw up her dinner again. So Saturday morning I called the doctor and they told me to bring her in. I am so grateful they are open on Saturday because I knew I couldn't send her on a week long trip in her condition. So the doctor checked her urine and said everything was fine there. Whew! But, then he proceeded to tell me that he thinks she has acid reflux. What?! Isn't that supposed to only effect adults? Well I guess not. He gave her some medicine to take for the next two weeks to see if it goes away. If it doesn't she will have to go back for an ultrasound to check her stomach and intestines. I am certain that the medicine will do the trick and so, much to the relief of Madison, she was able to go on the trip. She went with Aunt Shirley and cousin Stephanie and will be spending the whole week with her little cousin Ethan. Although she has never been away from home before, Madison is pretty independent and I am sure she will be fine. As for me, I am enjoying the time I can spend with Steven, but I am sure I will want her back soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And the results are? Did the medicine help? I hope so. Much love to Madison. Auntie Jodi misses you!